Though it feels like a lifetime ago, COVID-19 was a huge catalyst for change in the working world, marking a significant turning point for entrepreneurship, propelling a surge in e-service businesses. While traditional brick-and-mortar businesses struggled to stay afloat amidst the pandemic’s restrictions, lock-down and social distancing measures forced people to adapt and find new ways to earn a living.
Individuals worldwide became more creative and courageous when it came to launching that side hustle or setting up smaller businesses. What started as a hobby or a skill became a lucrative side hustle for many – with the internet, a fertile ground for innovation and earning opportunities. During the height of the pandemic, countless online and e-service businesses were launched globally. In 2020 alone, there was a 26% increase in the creation of e-service businesses compared to the previous year.
Fast-forward to 2023, and the trend shows no signs of slowing, particularly with the popularisation of remote work and more people offering their services online. These businesses are driven by entrepreneurs who have leveraged their unique skill sets, expertise, and experiences to create a thriving digital presence.
How Easy It Is to Start a Business When "You Are the Business"
One of the most remarkable aspects of the emerging e-service trend is the ease with which individuals can start a business when their expertise is their primary asset. In many cases, all you need is a simple landing page using platforms like Carrd or Unbounce, and an email or WhatsApp number to get started. These platforms offer user-friendly templates that enable even those without technical expertise to create an attractive online presence for their services. Whether you're a graphic designer, writer, consultant, or any other service provider, the digital landscape offers a level playing field for entrepreneurs.
While starting an e-service business is accessible, there are challenges that entrepreneurs commonly face, particularly when it comes to marketing your business. According to a survey by Small Business Trends, 62% of small business owners expressed a lack of confidence in their own digital marketing abilities. While The Data & Marketing Association found that only 52% of surveyed small business owners utilised online advertising channels for their marketing efforts.
Effectively Promoting Your Business Idea:
Entrepreneurs often struggle with designing advertisements that resonate with their target audience and prompt action, and this is where tools like Balloonary can be a game-changer.
Balloonary is a powerful online advertising platform that simplifies the process of creating and running online advertisements. Whether you're new to the world of online marketing or a seasoned pro, Balloonary offers a user-friendly interface and innovative features to help you get started. With Balloonary, you can:
- Use our user-friendly ad builder to craft visually appealing advertisements that resonate with your target audience.
- Target your ads to specific demographics, interests, and behaviors, ensuring your ads reach the right audience for your services.
- Manage your budget, thanks to the platform’s detailed insights into the performance of your ad campaigns, allowing you to adjust your ad spend for optimal results. This helps you make data-driven decisions and maximise your ROI.
- Track the performance of your ads with the platform’s analytics and reporting tools that help you measure the success of your ad campaigns.
If you're inspired to join the thriving world of e-service businesses, here are five steps you can take to get started:
1. Identify Your Niche: Start by identifying your passion, expertise, or skills that you can monetise. This could be anything from graphic design and content writing to digital marketing and online tutoring.
2. Market Research: Conduct thorough market research to understand the demand for your chosen service. Analyse your competition and identify gaps in the market that your service can fill.
3. Create a Brand: Develop a strong brand identity that reflects your values and resonates with your target audience. This includes a compelling business name, logo, and a well-designed website or landing page.
4. Set Pricing and Payment Methods: Determine your pricing strategy and decide on payment methods. Consider subscription models, one-time payments, or a combination of both.
5. Marketing and Promotion: Create a marketing strategy to reach your potential clients. Utilise social media, email marketing, and online advertising to increase your online visibility.
The e-service trend is here to stay, and its growth shows no signs of slowing down. Entrepreneurs from all walks of life are leveraging their skills and passions to create thriving online businesses. With the right approach, anyone can join this exciting movement and launch their own e-service business.
While challenges exist, having a reliable partner like Balloonary can make all the difference. It empowers you to overcome the hurdles of digital marketing, increase your online presence, and build trust with your target audience.
So, if you're ready to ride the digital wave, there's no better time to start than now.